Monday, January 24, 2011

Balance

How many of us truly have balance in our lives? In today's society, I'm sure the answer to that is not many. Most of us have entirely too many irons in the fire at once. My pastor liken it to one of those jugglers you see on TV with the spinning plates. He sets his stick down and starts spinning the plate and once its going really good, he starts another, then another until he's got about 10 plates going at once.......but wait.....the first plate is getting a little wobbly so the juggler runs back to it to get it spinning fast again. I have felt like that a lot in my life with a job, 3 kids and marriages to keep going. Yes, I said marriages. I unfortunately have been married three times now. What can I say? I suppose I was never really THAT good at juggling. In the words of one of my favorite bands (Three Doors Down) " And all these little things in life they all create this haze. There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days." I love that song and it perfectly describes how I feel at certain moments.

Sometimes though, when I have a minute to catch my breath, I remember that Bro. Wood said there are 5 ways to achieve balance in your life.

1) Mental Balance: Romans 12:2  says, "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."
2)Body: 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 says, "Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in you body and in your spirit, which are God's."

3)Spiritual: 2nd Peter 3:18 says, "but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen."
4) Emotional: Galatians 5:22-23 says, "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is now law."
5) Social: Matthew 6:14-15 says, "For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses"

So, in a nutshell don't try to fit into this world's mold. Be yourself.....there's no one else like you. Take care of your body. Try to eat right to improve quality of life. Study your bible. Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior. Strive to maintain contentment and stability within yourself and don't hold grudges. Work on broken relationships. And remember, God can fix anything you have torn apart. There is nothing that we face in everyday life that there is not a verse that can give you the answers you seek. There will always be something to apply to your problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment