Saturday, July 24, 2010

Plan B

Personal issues with my kids caused me to quit my job about four months ago. Granted I had been working in a factory for more than half my life, so I figured I would be ok with what I had in retirement until I finished my degree in Psychology. A degree that I have been working on the past couple of years. I figured that I am still young enough to replace any monies that I may spend from  my retirement accounts while I try my hand at working from home. I have given myself a year to finish my degree and establish a strong home based business. So far so good. Well..... put it this way, I am not starving, in fact I have probably gained 10lbs in the last four months, so the business aspect has been decent. However, any time you start your own business, be prepared to struggle for the first few months to a year before you actually see a real profit. I am basically holding my own, making about as much as I would have made if I still worked for someone else.

I am very serious about working from home. I treat it as I would any job. However, most days I do work in my PJ's. I get up, make coffee and then adjourn to my home office. There I work on my computer, make calls and do the basics that every business entails. The only difference is I can get up and go throw a load of laundry in the washer in the middle of a conference call or cook my kids something to eat while I do a presentation. And.....if I do want to take the day off, I can do so without having to ask my boss. This is the best part about working for yourself.

With the economy in rehab and the job market still in a stall, a steady job has become as valuable as a winning lotto ticket. People are dipping into their nest eggs, cars are getting repo'd, homes being foreclosed and jobs are being eliminated everyday as a result of companies trying to cut costs. Many of us are finding that our plan A just doesn't pay the bills anymore.

I chose to join a organization that was BBB accredited and our CEO sits on the United States Chamber of Commerce. His name is Frank Vandersloot and the organization is FourPointGroup, LLC. With our business the cheese hasn't moved and for anyone who owns their own business, we can be the plan B when your plan A isn't doing so well. We have a recession proof business with highly consumable products that people need anyway. We are partnered with a science-based wellness consumer products company that manufactured over 350 products that are safe and healthier for you family and home. A green company that makes green when every other industry is struggling. Not only do we hold a Better Business Bureau's Torch award but we are feature in INC 500 magazine. We have a 95% reorder rate because our products work and work well. Our partner company has been in business for over 25 years and is debt free, meaning we have made a profit every year without having to rely on government bailouts when times get tough. A business where you can grow a steady residual income and will it to your children when you're done.

Now I am not suggesting you quit your job like I did, but at the very least, work part time and see for yourself. Work with a company that has a phenomenal track record, who is financially sound with a strong management program and unique consumable products that are competitively priced. Work around your life when you want to work. You can have a family and a career working from home. So, if you'd like this month to look better than last month or this year to look better than last year, check out our plan B and decide for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment