Sunday, July 11, 2010

Secret to a Happy Life

 I believe the secret to a happy life can be summed up in the lyrics to the  country song Love Like Crazy by Lee Brice.

Be a best friend, tell the truth, and overuse I love you
Go to work, do your best, don't outsmart your common sense
Never let your prayin' knees get lazy
And love like crazy

Lots of times we aren't always a best friend or even a good friend. I try to be most always but sometimes life gets in the way and I forget to call or remember a birthday.

Finding someone to tell you the truth or even telling it yourself can be a chore. Whether it's because you don't want to hurt someone's feelings or you're trying to protect them or you just plain don't have the truth in you.

Do I tell the one's I love the most that I love them all the time?
Hardly. In the past I always assumed they knew.

I did get the "go to work part" down pretty good. Most work that people do is not really hard. I mean, yes it may be physically hard or mentally challenging but you pretty much know everyday what your duties are when you walk into your work place. There's no second guessing. You know your requirements, you do them and go home.

Common sense is used less and less in this day in time. Sometimes I wonder how some people find their way home.

When was the last time you got on your knees to pray? I used to think as long as I said my prayers at night, I was covered. Just a little quick one before I would fall off to sleep laying in my big ol' bed all snuggly and warm.

Man, if Jesus had thought the way the rest of us do, we would all be in a heap of trouble. Glad to know He is my best friend. He has always told me the truth. I can never hear it too many times how much He loves me. He worked to spread the word of His father. He gave His very best (His life) and every word in the Bible is nothing but common sense. The only way to the God is through His son Jesus Christ. How much simpler can that be to understand. He never let his prayin' knees get lazy and He loved like crazy.

Something to think about isn't it? If we all put forth just a little more effort, this would be a lot nicer world to live in. So, I hope today you realize what the secret is to a happy life is and it makes you love like crazy........









.

No comments:

Post a Comment